[Healeys] new book

Mr. Finespanner mrfinespanner at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 11 17:40:06 MDT 2011

Hey List,
I found the most pleasant surprise in my mail last week.  It was the new
book "It Came With Oil" by Alan Cowan, an old buddy of mine who runs the
Falconworks garage in Tucson, AZ.  Alan has been twisting wrenches on
English iron even longer than me, and is
probably the best and most knowledgeable british car mechanic I've
ever met.  He finally sat down and wrote a collection of tales from 40+
years of road and shop experiences, and the result is a truly
engaging and often hilarious work told from a shop owner's perspective
(names have been altered or omitted to protect the guilty).

If you like great yarns about the trials, tribulations, and triumphs of
motoring, plus some real insights into the right techniques to use to
keep british sports cars alive, I highly recommend "It Came With Oil".  A
web search using the title will bring up the vendors.

regards,
Doug Reid, 18G Motorworks