[Healeys] Fibreglass Bodies

Freese, Ken Ken.Freese at Aerojet.com
Thu Sep 8 10:29:12 MDT 2011

If you have the book, American Racing Specials, there is a very complete
section on the American fiberglass body manufacturers. Perhaps I can scan it
for you.
Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: healeys-bounces at autox.team.net [mailto:healeys-bounces at autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Patrick and Caroline Quinn
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 7:48 PM
To: healeys at autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Fibreglass Bodies

G'day

I am writing an article on a MG TF fitted with a fibreglass body built by an
Australian company called Buchanan. The body was styled off an Aston Martin
DB3S.

In the article I want to make reference to US and British organisations that
built fibreglass bodies for similar cars during the 1950s and early '60s.

The names of Devin and Fibrefab in the US come to mind and Arkley in the UK.
Although the Arkley is a little later in the piece.

It would be appreciated that if you know of any could you please let me
know.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Sydney, Australia