[Healeys] Spin-On Oil Filters

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Thu Sep 1 15:40:57 MDT 2011

For what it's worth, here is my record of spin-on oil filter use in my BJ8
over the years.  I have a Moss spin-on adapter from the mid-1980s that holds
the filter in the same orientation as the original filter canister, not at
right angles to the block as more recent adapters do.  For large diameter
filters (such as Wix 51515), the clearance to the RH foot well panel is
close enough that it makes getting a wrench on it to remove difficult.  I've
used smaller diameter filters to solve that problem.  All of them obviously
have the same thread regardless of physical size of the filter and all have
worked fine for me.  I generally change my oil and filter every 3000 miles,
but at least once a year.

Wix, p/n 51515
Wix, p/n 51068
Car Quest, p/n 85068