[Healeys] Sump oil pump

Stephen Hutchings s.hutchings at rogers.com
Mon Oct 31 18:57:15 MST 2011

Kees Oudesluijs said "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."...and I think
it's worth reminding ourselves of this sometimes.
A while back, I was removing my cam and had asked a question of the
list about removing the pulleys without stressing the timing chain. I
got jumped on by several listers who said something like " of course
you will change the timing chain while you're in there - timing
chains are inexpensive!"
Well, I did change the timing chain, and everything is back
tiogether, but the one I took out had about 15,000 miles on it, and
it was an original BMC supplied chain I had bought years ago...the
replacement turns out to be a "county" model. I kind of wish I'd
stuck to the original plan.

Stephen, BJ8