[Healeys] County parts

pvoris at q.com pvoris at q.com
Sat Oct 29 17:14:33 MDT 2011

Finally I've had a first-hand experience of what I've seen in the past on the list about "County" parts . Had to replace a front wheel cylinder on the BN2 (a fun experience in itself). Ordered replacement from my trusty Moss guy friend. Set about changing it out today. Should be easy, right? Not. Got all the way to bleeding the fool thing and discovered a leak around the cross-over tube where it goes into the replacement cylinder. The machining on the cylinder was just a hair too deep for the cross-over tube to seat. Luckily my neighborhood hardware store had some copper washers in stock that, with some judicious machining at home, would fit into the recess nicely and compress to form a seal. Ummm....is that the way parts are supposed to come out of the box?
Any comments?

Peter Voris
'56 BN2
'51 Riley RMB