[Healeys] tappets - the pits :-(

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 09:13:54 MDT 2011

John--

I don't remember if you said what kind of oil you are using but the issue of
wear to cam lobes and tappets and zinc/phosphorus levels seems to be pretty
real.  I'd suggest using an oil additive such as ZDDPlus in addition to a
premium oil with known high levels of these two elements.  Also use an
appropriate assembly lube when putting things together.

Best--Michael Oritt