[Healeys] nuts

Mike Sinclair phoenix722 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 19 20:16:58 MDT 2011

Good point, Al.  Yes, it was a 12-point.  Not sure if a 6-point will rectify
now.  The Bolt Off from Sears sounds like the most promising.  I am leery of
banging with a chisel on a nut that is on a stud.  Will let you all know how
it works out.

BTW, one of the nuts on the other rear wheel is a plain hex nut, and none of
the original nuts look all that great.  Might be a good idea to invest in a
6-point 11/16" socket.  As it is, I have SAE, Whitworth, Metric tools I have
gathered over the years, plus some odd ones that I don't even know how to
categorize.  Somewhere I have acquired a tooth-pulling pliers--showed it to my
dentist and he immediately identified it as a third molar remover!  I hate to
spend money, like everybody, but sometimes one must.  I assume these nuts,
which are coned, and look like self-locking are available; any good place to
buy some?

Mike
BN2
---