[Healeys] Fwd: compression electrical

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 20:27:37 MDT 2011

John--

I am not clear on the "setting it to zero" part.  I set the first guage
measuring input pressure to 100 psi simply to give an easy frame of
reference, then crack open the valve for the other guage and when the
cylinder is at TDC with both intake and exhaust valves closed get the
percentage reading.

Judging by your readings of 18% to 24% you are iin for a valve job at the
very least, maybe more.  Perhaps you want to recheck your method and yes it
is best to do this with a warm engine.

Best--Michael Oritt