[Healeys] carb lifting pin

Eric (Rick) Wilkins e-wilkins at cox.net
Mon Oct 17 16:15:36 MDT 2011

That little pin is seriously misunderstood.

Yes, you are correct, lift it 'til you contact the piston rim,then lift 1/32".
You guys realize that 1/32 is a tiny increment, right? All it needs is a tiny
little nudge to do what it's supposed to do. What's odd about it is that if
you lift much further than that tiny little nudge, the behavior of the engine
is completely different, often leading to the wrong conclusion about the
mixture.

Wilko