[Healeys] Distributor cap orientation-details

Stephen Hutchings s.hutchings at rogers.com
Sun Oct 16 19:48:14 MDT 2011

OK everyone, I can see why you might think I have my distributor out
by 180 degrees...I assure you that that is not the case.
The distributor is not the issue here...it's the way the cap goes on
to the body. There is a cut out for the cil wire, and it can only
match up to the distributor in one way...
So, Chris Dimmock has it right when he says that there are two models
of  cap that look the same, but are mirror images- as he explains in
his email below.
As soon as I saw all the 180 degree out advice, I realised that I may
not have explained this clearly enough.
Stephen, BJ8

Stephen,
There are 2 caps that at first glance look the same. But they aren't.
Lucas <tel:54413902>54413902
That's the one that looks like a BJ8.
But isn't. The cap is reversed.
The coil lead from the cap v the white plastic tension lead is opposite.
On a Lucas <tel:54413902>54413902 cap the white plastic pick up is
180 degrees opposite the cap coil lead.
I'll send you pics.
Which one do you have?
Chris