[Healeys] "Wow" Healey yard..

Paul Barnes fiat500f at aol.com
Thu Oct 13 23:41:49 MDT 2011

Ha!  Yeah, I HATE when folks mention a car in a junkyard somewhere, and they
don't say where, and then I went and did it myself!  Oops, sorry!
The junkyard is called Friendship Used Auto Parts and it's located in
Tabernacle New Jersey.  The address is:

Friendship Used Auto Parts
58 New Road
Tabernacle, NJ., 08088
Tel:  1-609-268-0365

You know how modern auto part "recycling centers" here in the US (and
elsewhere, I assume) are getting all paranoid about lawsuits, etc.?  So now,
it's like you go to the front desk, tell them what you want, and they get it
off their shelf from a car that they dismantled earlier?  Well, Friendship is
completely NOT like this.  It's the way junkyards USED to be.  There are
thousands of cars in no particular order.  There are cars there made in the
1920's all the way up to today.  The place has been there a long time.  They
have a sign somewhere in there, I think on the office, that reads, "We never
throw anything away", and I believe it.  I've been there a bunch of times and
EVERY time I've gone there, I've found another British car of some type.  Last
time was the Healey and a MG Magnette ZA.  I must have walked past the MG
fifty times and never "saw" it before.  There are just so many car that it's a
bit of a visual overload situation.  There's A LOT of British cars in there,
I'd guess about 75-80.  Odd stuff (for an American) junkyard too, like three
MGA's (ones a coupe), a Rover 2000, a late 50's Ford Anglia, an Austin Taxi
(still with it's British plates), and more normal stuff, MGB's, Midgets,
TR3's/4's/4A'/a super rough TR250/TR6/7, etc.  I saw a Panhard Dyna in there.
I had no idea what it was; it looks like a fish from the front!  What IS it
about climbing through junkyards that's so much fun?  I equate it with
shopping at the mall all day for women.  Anyway, it's a fun day trip if you're
nearby.

 - Paul B.