[Healeys] Accelerator Pedal Cross Shaft

Curt/Nancy Arndt cnaarndt at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 22:21:51 MDT 2011

Guys

I've attached some photos of an original bracket and screws from my 1955
BN1, LHD of course. The markings on the head and on the nut denote that they
are UNF (10/32) versus either 2BA or 3/16 BSF.

Also pictured are some stainless steel 10/32 oval head Phillips screws along
with the properly sized SS nuts and washer.  These are basically identical
to the originals.  These are available at any good hardware outlet, also
most hardware stores have these same screws in steel with zinc plating with
the same dimensions, if you want to go that route as Kees mentioned.

Of course the stainless steel screws will work better in a wet environment,
and in this application they are not seen being under the carpeting and on
the underside of the car.  Bead bast them first and they will look close to
the originals.

Cheers,

Curt.

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 12:06 AM, Patrick and Caroline Quinn <
p_cquinn at tpg.com.au> wrote:

> G'day
>

> Sydney in the spring and it's raining of course.
>

> I have just removed the brake, clutch and accelerator pedals from the BN3.
> It's a normal RHD 100 arrangement with the brake/clutch pedals pivoting on
> shaft, but the clutch is hydraulic. The accelerator pedal is also standard,
> but I am curious about the fasteners holding the accelerator cross shaft to
> the driver's floor.
>

> There are two brackets that the accelerator shaft passes through and each
> of
> these is attached to the floor by three brass straight slot screws, brass
> washers, shakeproof washers and brass nuts.
>

> You wouldn't know what's original with my car, but I am wondering if the
> brass fasteners are original on standard four-cylinder cars?
>

> Hoo Roo
>

> Patrick Quinn
>
> Sydney, Australia

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pdf which had a name of Machinerys Handbook-British Unified Fastener Markings.pdf]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_5443.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_5434.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_5435.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_5436.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_5438.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_5440.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_5441.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_5442.JPG]