[Healeys] Ethanol

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 05:57:12 MDT 2011

You all remember to add Methylated Spirits to you tank at least once a
year,  to absorb the condensation, don't you?
Try it. Mix 100ml of tap water with 100ml of methylated spirits. What
do you get?? About 175ml of liquid.
Technically, metho is miscible with water. Enough to remove it from
your tank, and still volitile enough to burn.
Don't know about Ethanol in petrol. I suppose the issue is if you have
10% ethanol in your petrol, then your 50 litre tank has 5 litres of
ethanol.
I'm talking about 200ml of metho in a tank of your best premium/
avgas, once a year or so.
My American friends call metho  http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denatured_alcohol
Works for me.
Your mileage and tank life may vary.