[Healeys] Hartnett Spam

Editorgary at aol.com Editorgary at aol.com
Thu Oct 6 03:50:27 MDT 2011

In a message dated 10/5/11 9:57:39 PM, healeys-request at autox.team.net
writes:

> Since I do not have the technical knowledge to resolve this problem, any
> assistance that anyone can give in this matter will be greatly
> appreciated.

Nothing you can now do at your end, Len. Someone or something has gotten
hold of one of your old address books and is using it to send out the
messages. I've seen that happen to four or five of my friends in the past six
months. Eventually they go away -- the spam systems seem to use an address book
over a few months, and then stops. However, they're easy to spot when they
come in -- no subject line, no content, just the click-link -- and everyone
knows not to click a link you don't recognize, no matter where it comes from,
if there's no reference, right? -- so they're easy to ignore. Nowadays, if
someone doesn't put something   in the subject line that I relate to, I delete
it without even opening the email. Better an unimportant message not
received than something worse.

Gary