[Healeys] brake switch

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Wed Oct 5 11:32:49 MDT 2011

I'm the 'belt-and-suspenders' type; e.g. I'll use sealant on (some) gaskets and have been known to use both threadlocker and lockwashers on bolts and nuts. However, I don't put Teflon tape on brake fittings; I think (speculate) some of the material will remain on the inside threads when the fitting is unscrewed, and this can get pushed back into the system when you re-install the fitting.

Brake fittings shouldn't leak without tape; and if you can't get them off with a flare nut wrench you've got bigger problems anyway.

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA