[Healeys] Petronix Ignitor

lists lists at brits-n-pieces.com
Wed Oct 5 01:36:05 MDT 2011

Simon,

very relevant/necessary! Do not use any 123 system with a coil with a resistance lower than 1 ohm, unless it's a 8 cyl 123 system. This would destroy the electronics.

Sorry, don't know the resistance of the green Lucas "Sports" coil, but if you have used it for some time with the 123, it should be ok.

Kind regards
Brits 'n' Pieces
Eric Frenken

123ignition dealership
Powerlite dealership
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Von	Simon Lachlan [simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk]
An	Kenny J[theswed at hotmail.com]; [healey.nut at gmail.com]; [jpayne at thorcon.net]
CC	Healeys Healeys[healeys at autox.team.net]
Datum	04.10.2011 17:34:56
Betreff	Re: [Healeys] Petronix Ignitor
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Anyone know how much of the ballast resistor stuff is relevant/necessary to
a 123 Ignition system. I have one of these fitted to my Mk II BT7 along with
a Lucas "Sports" coil. (Is it called a "Sports"? It's green and purports be
higher performance etcetc..)
Simon