[Healeys] Petronix Ignitor

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Mon Oct 3 13:25:02 MDT 2011

My understanding of them is  that they either work or they don't.  If they "go bad", they give no warning and your car will quit--not miss.  But----I love them and keep a spart set---but haven't used it in 11 years.

---- Jonas Payne <JPayne at ThorCon.net> wrote:

=============
It would appear that my Petronix Ignitor isn't working so hot.  Oddly
enough, a good friend who just installed on in his Lotus Esprit is
suffering from a low RPM miss.

Looking on the Morgan, Jag, Triumph and Healey Lists, there has been a
lot of discussion about a "bad run" of these things, but I don't see any
hard data.

Does anybody know:

	If in fact the "bad run" has been acknowledged by Petronix?
	Is there any way to identify them?
	What is (are) the specific performance issue(s)?

Jonas Payne
PBR
Cell:   (702) 358-5084
Healeys at autox.team.net