[Healeys] battery draining or not holding charge

Randey Brophy randey_brophy at telus.net
Sun Oct 2 21:45:06 MDT 2011

I have a 1965 fully restored BJ8    I replaced the battery recently and
after 3 weeks  of running fine the  new battery is now not holding a charge.
I have nothing in the car that would drain the battery-no radio etc- except
for a Viper GPS, which everyone tells me shouldn't tax the battery. The
Viper periodically reports battery low while I'm traveling in the car and
today the car wouldn't start after a fill up and needed a few attempts at a
jump start before it would turn over. Cruising back to town at 70-85 MPH the
overdrive stopped working for a bit car automatically went our of overdrive
and wouldn't go back in,then the ignition light came on indicating the
battery's not charging; after awhile the ignition light went out overdrive
worked again, but when I got home parked it and turned it off it wouldn't
start again..Zilch after a 50 mile drive which should have recharged the
battery.  Please advise what's going on and what to do to fix this..thanks

Randey Brophy

1747 Trafalgar St

Vancouver BC

V6K3R9

C 604 928 1866

randey_brophy at telus.net

"You are what you do."

cid:2CEF16BD-C2F4-4E37-A75E-82C333CC2756 at local

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/png which had a name of image001.png]