[Healeys] FW: FW: A dailymail.co.uk article from David Ward

Patrick and Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Wed Nov 30 19:08:44 MST 2011

G'day Bill

Yes I agree. It was very short on correct information.

No mentioned that the AH was impounded by the French police and let go 18
months with no blame and too bad that the French investigation report was
not mentioned which stated:

"Mr Hawthorn, driver of Jaguar car No. 6  . overtook on the left the car No
26 driven by Lance Macklin, then suddenly came back on the right and braked;
Macklin, surprised by such driving inclined to the left just as he was
joined by car No. 20 driven by Levegh who, trying to pass on the extreme
left of the track, happened to collide with the left side of car No. 26 and
ran against the safety banking."

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia