[Healeys] Stearing wheel sticky

Patrick and Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Sun Nov 27 04:01:08 MST 2011

G'day Eberhard

I am having the same problem removing the steering wheel in my car. It moves
about 5mm and then stops. It's as if there is a stepped spline that is
stopping it. I recall the same problem thirty years ago when it was first
removed. That was done by a friend who asked me to not watch when he used a
BIG hammer.

This time I have tried a rubber hammer, leverage etc. but no success. Next
is a steering wheel puller, however I have noticed two small holes in the
boss and one of these may lead to a detent ball arrangement.

Heavens knows what's original with the BN3/1.

Watch this space.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia