[Healeys] reassembly//question

akronzips at aol.com akronzips at aol.com
Fri Nov 25 11:29:04 MST 2011

Thanks Kieth, Gergo:
     I printed off the suggestions and I'm taking them over to my body man and
he and I will try them this afternoon.
Things we have tried:
1. we removed the rear passenger fender and adjusted the rear piller with
rubber mallet (a little better fit but still not enough room)
2. Shimmed the lower hinge on the passenger door.
3. ground on the door  and the rear fender seam where it meets the rear door
piller. result ground through the door edge skin ,2 " line, will need to
braise//weld the seam and also ground the edge of the rear fender seam where
it meets the door pillar and split it so will need to brade and  or weld it.
(We will grind down o where we need it then braise //weld it)
4. We are reluctant to move the front fender as the lines are perfect on
top(where the stainless bead fis) and up front on the headlight buckets.

I will keep you posted if you're interested . Note framed seems straight as an
arrow
Thanks again for your suggestions
Howard
1961 BT7  Mark I tri-car
(I know Mark II's and 1962 are the true tri carbs)