[Healeys] Driving Lights

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Thu Nov 24 00:20:53 MST 2011

In this case size does not matter. Presuming you will use halogen lights
with H1 or H7 bulbs, they are standard 55W but can also be had in higher
power versions up to 180W.  If you use a good design reflector/lens 55W
is plenty enough. Even your headlamps can be good enough if you replace
the Lucas head lamps or the sealed beams with Hella halogen headlamps
fitted with standard H4 bulbs 60/55W or higher, say up to 120/55W,
should give you enough light without the need of spot lights. However
all these should be wired through relays with thicker wires and used in
combination with a higher output dynamo/alternator.
Kees Oudesluijs