[Healeys] AHX11 at Bonhams too...

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 20:52:39 MST 2011

Tadek -

Donald Healey and Gerry Coker had experimented with cable latches on the
boot to preserve the lines of the vehicle.  I don't know why they didn't do
it, the E-types later had the cable latch.  Probably because if the cable
broke you couldn't open the boot without damaging the lid.

Actually, if you look at the picture of the inside of the boot lid, you can
see the cable.  The angle it bends to with the boot open would not be ideal
for cable maintenance.

Best,

Alan