[Healeys] NOJ 393

Editorgary at aol.com Editorgary at aol.com
Wed Nov 23 15:02:31 MST 2011

In a message dated 11/23/11 11:03:46 AM, healeys-request at autox.team.net
writes:

> My vote for what to do with it (not that the new owner is likely to put
> it to
> a vote!) is to restore it to the high point of its history; namely, what
> it
> looked like at the beginning of the 1955 Le Mans.

I'm with Reid up to that point -- I've got a print of a painting by
Nicholas Watts on my wall of that car exiting Tertre Rouge in an early lap of that
race -- British Racing Green with a large white roundel and the number 26,
plus Lucas driving lights, and the racing windscreen that it appears to still
have. That's the high point of its entire career and the way it should be
seen and remembered.

However, I'm entering this pool with a "no sale" guess. If it does sell, I
don't think this car is yet worth a million dollars. (But I'd only make that
bet with at least 2-1 odds in my favor.)

G.