[Healeys] Ruff running, bucking car

Per Schoerner healeyguy at bredband.net
Mon Nov 21 06:02:15 MST 2011

Hi
Now, this happens because the fuel boils in the float bowls and fuel
lines closest to the engine. After running for half a mile or so the
engine starts to run normally again, doesn't it? This is because the
wind cools down the engine compartment again. Nothing you did changed
anything really, apart maybe from changing the needles. The only remedy
in this case is to keep the fuel cold while the engine is stopped. Have
seen people installing electrical fans that blow air on the fuel lines
and carbs, don't know if it helps. It puzzles me that the temp gauge
didn't show more.
This is not related to an engine that runs good when cold and bad when hot.

Per in Sweden