[Healeys] New Fasteners or Refurbished

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 00:25:57 MST 2011

I replaced most, and had everything electroless nickel plated - new
and reused. We made new head studs and manifold studs, and had them
electroless nickel plated, new head nuts etc. Critical items were all
replaced e.g flywheel bolts
Also used some new stainless steel fasteners.
Reused fasteners/ washers that weren't high torque - eg sump/ front
timing case cover bolts and the load spreading washers that were good
(after replating)
Replaced things like brass manifold nuts. Every one was oiled or
greased or copraslipped before refitting.
It can add a lot to the project, but now, 12 years later, it's a joy
to work on...
Chris

Sent from my iPhone