[Healeys] connecting rod bolts

Chris Masucci csooch1 at aol.com
Sun Nov 20 13:05:21 MST 2011

Why not have them measured for stretch and taper at your machinist?  Bring the
conn rods too in case they have to knurl the bolt to get a consistent clamp
and big end diameter.

Cheers,
Chris
BJ8...being sanded

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 20, 2011, at 1:09 PM, john spaur <jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I am working on the engine and have realized that the connecting rod bolts
might be the original ones. I have read that they can stretch and should be
replaced. However, it does not appear that they are available for a 1962
engine. I noticed that the Moss catalog lists ones for a BJ7 and BJ8 with the
difference between those and the BT7 engine being the length of the locking
pin.