[Healeys] Gunson Colortune

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Thu Nov 17 00:01:43 MST 2011

I have always been succesful with my Colortunes (I use one for each
cilinder simultaniously on my car, ) with a variety of carbs and cars,
even on a moped, SU-carbs, DellOrto, Zenith, Stromberg, Bing, Solex,
Triumph Spitfire / TR6, Renault, Peugeot, Jensen Healey, Puch, VW, MGB,
DAF etc. I have been using them since the early 1970's.  I have known
people  though who could not work them.
You do need to play around with them first for some time to get the hang
of them and to interpreted the colours properly. Once mastered they
operate flawlessly in my view.
They are only for setting the mixture at idling, they are not suitable
for balancing or testing the mixture for the full range of operation.
As long as you have the correct needle and jet they are perfect for the job.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL