[Healeys] lowering blocks

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 14:52:24 MST 2011

If you head down this path, as others mentioned, you need lowering
blocks and longer U bolts. Depending on how much you lower the car,
you also need a longer centre bolt. The centre bolt passes through the
spring to lock it down, and the round head of the centre bolt needs to
also pass through the lowering block, and engage in the hole in the
diff banjo. It must engage in the diff banjo.
I'm sure you can buy all this stuff off the shelf now, but when I did
it 15 years ago, we had to make the lowering blocks and a new longer
centre bolt. My lowering blocks are about (from memory) 2 3/4 inches
passengers side and 2 1/4 inches drivers side.
Best chris

Sent from my iPhone