[Healeys] BJ8 rear lowering blocks - easy to do.

Robert Blair rnbmail at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 14 12:35:34 MST 2011

Ralph, I also have a 65BJ8 that suffered from the high rear end problem that
was brought about by the suspension redesign on the 65-67 cars.  The factory
did this to help with the ground clearance of the rear transverse mufflers,
but the result was an ugly gap between the rear tire top and the body wheel
arch.
I hated it so I had some simple blocks made to lower the car back to the 63-64
height where the tire is concentric with the body arch. Looke 500% better with
no reide degredation.
The blocks are easy to have cnc machined from a solid alu bar/block, and don't
cost much.  I can send you a dimensioned drawing of my block if you want it.
You can also make the 2 sides different height to accomodate a lazy drivers
side rear spring if your springs are original.  I did that as my drivers side
was about 1/2 inch lower at the wheel arch.  Now the car sits level and
correct height as I wanted.

Robert N. Blair  Yellow 65BJ8  RNBmail at yahoo.com