[Healeys] old oil for an old car?

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Tue Nov 8 01:05:18 MST 2011

Do not use old oil. Although it may have been sealed I would not use it
in a good engine. It may be allright but the chance is that it has gone
off and oxidized/deteriorated over the years. If you use good old fresh
20W50, that will be good enough. If worried use a ZDDP aditive, however
I never use(d) it.
Use the oil in your small oiling can for small jobs if you want to be
frugal.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL