[Healeys] old oil for an old car?

Roland Wilhelmy rwil at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 7 18:12:22 MST 2011

My father in law never threw anything away, even if he had stopped
using it.  After his death I found two full cases of cans (not
bottles) of SE-CC rated 30 weight Penzoil.  I am hoping that it is
chock full of ZDDP and all the stuff that made our old engines run
right.  More specifically I am hoping that it would be a good oil to
use in a newly rebuilt engine in our BN1 when it gets installed and
fired up next spring.

Does anybody know for sure?  I don't want to ruin a new engine but I
don't want to pass up this oil if it will do the break in phase well.

-Roland
BN1 #724