[Healeys] Master cylinder-Metric?

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Sun Nov 6 08:56:57 MST 2011

My '68 TR250 does not have any metric fittings, later TR6s do have metric
fittings on the brake calipers, I am not aware of them having them anywhere
else.

The British must have embraced metric conversion with the same enthusiasm we
did in the states.   I have no idea what is on newer Jaguars and Land Rovers
and such.

Yes the parts counter guys ask "isn't that metric?"  I suppose because all
the foreign cars they are normally exposed to are metric.

I do get a kick out of when I tell them I have a '54 Austin Healey or a '68
Triumph or whatever, and the first question is "who makes those?"

I do miss the shops with the old timers that actually knew about what they
were selling, no parts shops around here like that anymore, all the chain
stores put them out of business.  If you don't have a year make and model to
match it to on the computer the part might as well not be in the store.

Greg Lemon