[Healeys] petronix

Rick Swain rjswain at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 3 10:07:00 MST 2011

Bob et al
I think a Pertronix is fine with a Lucas Sport coil. I hope so because I've
had the Pertronix in my BN4 for two years and 6000 miles with no problems.
Distributor was rebuilt by Jeff Schlemmer and he supplied the Pertronix. He
knew what I was running for a coil and didn't warn me or suggest replacing
it.
Cheers
Rick'59 BN4

> Alan, are you sure? I was told by tech support at Pertonix that the Lucas
Sport Coil has 3-ohm resistance (stock coil has less).

> I ask because we're thinking of putting Pertronix in our BN2--can't find
proper points at the 'usual suspects'--and need to know for sure.