[Healeys] remountinbg rear bearing

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Tue May 31 08:38:26 MDT 2011

These instructions have always cornfused me.  If the bearing is pressed against the  "... abutment shoulder in the hub
..." there won't be much adjustment possible (unless you have a press strong enough to compress the hardened steel
bearing race, and distort it).  The only way to adjust the 'protrusion' would be to use differing width spacers.  I've
always interpreted this as 'make sure the spacer is at least a slight bit above the face of the hub.'  If it isn't, you
probably have an ill-fitting bearing.

Or am I missing something?

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net