[Healeys] Brake lights on

pennell at cox.net pennell at cox.net
Sun May 29 17:31:59 MDT 2011

Listers,

Need some ideas on the solution to my problem.  Recently the brake lights on my BN7 will come on when the brake is applied and not go off.  If the ignition is turned off they will sometimes stay off and sometimes not.  The green-purple wire from the brake lights switch runs to terminal #5 on the relay.  With no brake lights I read no voltage there but once the pedal is applied there is voltage.  However, the voltage stays after the pedal is released as do the lights.  Are we looking at a faulty brake light switch here or what?

Any thoughts?
Keith