[Healeys] BBQ question. No Healey content whatsoever.

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Mon May 23 08:57:15 MDT 2011

Sorry about this, but here goes anyway..........

I've got a gas powered BBQ (a Laguna from B&Q [a UK DIY chain]). It's a
fairly decent looking thing and pleasingly robust. However, it takes
ages/too long to warm up and, even then, it's not that great.

Over the gas bar, from which the gas diffuses(?) and burns, there is a metal
plate. Presumably this is to trap the heat/prevent it going straight up & to
distribute it. This plate is silver coloured. Wouldn't it be (much?)better
if it were black?

The idea of BBQs in Devon, where the westerlies bring the rain straight off
the ocean, always seems faintly risible to me but I'm committed in this
instance.

Thanks,

Simon