[Healeys] Latest news: Bn2 excessive oil pressure

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Mon May 23 06:13:44 MDT 2011

Op 23-5-2011 13:28, Jose Vicente Vargas schreef:
> Tonigth I am going to pump air through the valve relieve hole into the oil system, after removing the oil filter and gauge: good or bad idea ?
Bad idea. You may dislodge dirt, debris that will go straight into your
bearings. You should only do this when the engine is completely dismantled.
If the drain hole in the gasket is not blocked I can only say change the
oil and check the pressure again with the engine hot (not warm). If
still to high the spring of the relieve valve should be replaced to
lower the pressure if you think it is excessive.

However I would still feel uncomfortable not to know the cause of the
sudden increase of the oil pressure.
Kees Oudesluijs

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of coudesluijs.vcf]