[Healeys] OD solenoid bracket and more

john spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 22 21:15:42 MDT 2011

When I took the cover off of the solenoid bracket I noticed some oil.
It is leaking from around the cross shaft.

I have not opened up the OD yet but I was wondering.
Questions:

1. Once the cross shaft seal is replaced does that usually fix the
oil leak around the shaft into the bracket/shaft lever housing?
2. My overdrive seemed to work fine when I drove the car way back in
2003 and I intend to replace the OD gaskets and seals. Should I
replace the accumulator rings and seal too?
3. Should I replace the piston ring sets too?
4. Anything special that I should look for when I take it off the trans?
5. Does anyone sell the Lucas rubber solenoid cover?
6. Does anyone have an NOS rubber solenoid cover? It does not hurt to
ask, it only hurts when you get what you want and have to pay for it!

I have removed it before and know the tricks to reattach it to the trans.

I had not intended to rebuild the OD.

Thank you,
John Spaur
'62 BT7