[Healeys] Metal Glue

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun May 22 09:38:34 MDT 2011

Supposedly, it's possible to do metal panel repair with adhesives. I have no experience with this, but it can be done.

Here's one product:

http://www.tcpglobal.com/3m/duramixadhesive.aspx

Google 'metal panel repair with adhesives' for lots of info.

Bob

--------------------------------
Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA

Is there a commercially available glue that is strong enough to bond some
metal body panels that may have some paint on them? A few of the spot
welds on the reinforcement piece under the hood next to one hinge have broken.
It allows some flexing of the hood in that area. I don't want to re-weld
because I don't want to have to repaint the hood or car. I know that any glue
will only be as strong as the bonded surface and if there is paint under
there, it has to bond to the paint. It also has to bridge small gaps since
the stamped metal support piece is not perfectly flat where it has to join the
bottom surface of the hood. Am I dreaming or is there a glue that might be
worth trying to fix this problem?

Ron Fine
61BN7