[Healeys] leathers

John & Kerry rowe jkrowe46 at bigpond.net.au
Sat May 21 07:59:47 MDT 2011

And don't forget the vinyl paint sprayed on to give the 'dyed' colour which
tends to lift in wear spots especially on corners and edges. How do I know?
- been burnt thrice (2xBMW who don't want to know about it and once on
Healey 3000 which we rectified later). If the surface is showing a grained
appearance, don't go there!

John Rowe  Qld Australia
BN1   BT7

The quality of leathers used today is  inferior to to those used in the past
- mainly for cost reasons. Compare the leather in a Mk II Jag with the
'leather' in modern cars. No comparison. Hides nowadays are sliced so they
can get about four or five slices from one hide,  they then have to press
the 'grain' back in by machine.

Derek