[Healeys] Is there a John Barber on the list?

Barrie Robinson barrie at look.ca
Thu May 19 08:09:38 MDT 2011

I get those very often and yes, they are scams.  They say they will
send you a cheque for the item PLUS the amount for shipping.  They
ask you to send the shipping money to their agent in NY, or similar,
who will arrange all the shipping stuff.  You get check, you send
money to shipping agent, cheque bounces after a week or
two.  Shipping agent is temporary PO box - You are screwed
!!    Nothing has been stolen but they have sucked your email address
from Facebook,  Bleat, Slurp or some "social" network - or from
elsewhere.  By the bye.  DO NOT reply as your email address is thus
confirmed as good !!!!......................and you will get more
similar stuff.