[Healeys] Source for spare tire hold down strap

Daniel White healeydan at wowway.com
Wed May 18 14:51:14 MDT 2011

Well, looks like I'm not the only one out there who needs one of these critters. Below is Jean's reply to me via the list on 5/15/11-

Daniel:
I have a BN6 that takes the same type of belt. Do you have the black roller buckle? If not, they may no longer be available but I can check here as I have a supplier who carries lots of various buckles. The straps are easy to make and I have the correct rivets for it too. I make my own for most of the cars I restore. I can make one for you within a couple of weeks. I will charge you whatever the material costs and one hour of labour @ $22.00, and will find that out first and if I can get the black buckle if you do not have one. If not I can get one powder coated in black.

Jean Caron
Vintage Roadster Restoration
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

I spoke with Jean yesterday (5/17/11) and he said he will check with his strap supplier and get back to me re delivery and payment particulars. You can reach him at
vintage_roadster_restoration at hotmail.com. I think that one hour of labor @$22.00 plus material costs (don't know what that figure is yet) is a fair price to pay because I know it will be correct and I won't have to "reinvent the wheel" trying to make this myself. I'm not opposed to making things myself but in this case I'll write the check.

Regards,
Dan