[Healeys] Speedometer gearing

Per Schoerner healeyguy at bredband.net
Mon May 16 02:24:18 MDT 2011

Hi
Well, at least this thread started a little discussion. I think what I
need now is access to a non overdrive gearbox. Anyone on the list with
such a gearbox care for getting a little dirty? Calculate the number of
turns on the prop shaft is required to turn the speedometer cable 1
turn. I'll do the same on my car.

As far as I know the magnets are permanent magnets. I don't think
permanent magnets change. If that would be the case every speedometer
out there would be different and eventually give up. Magnetism is a
science in itself, but as I have understood it a permanent magnet is
made of a certain combination of materials and doesn't change. And you
can not recharge it either.

Per in Sweden.