[Healeys] Black 100M

Bert Van Brande bertvanbrande at yahoo.com
Sat May 14 18:15:18 MDT 2011

Hi Barry,

A certificate is not enough.   I've seen 3 100 bn1 and bn2's being
sold here in SoCal as a 100m's WITH certificate.  The first one I came across
when checking out a BN1 for sale on ebay.  The seller was only a 2-3 hour
drive away.  I decided the BN1 was too far gone so I asked about a BN2 on the
lot.  The seller pointed to a rust heap 100m with sagged frame and told me he
transplanted the VIN and some parts to the BN2 chassis to make the BN2 into a
real "M".  I decided right there and then I didn't want to do business with
this guy.  This was before I discovered this list.  Later we found out he
scammed a lister from Belgium out of his money. (discussed here on the list)
A couple years ago this guy, escaping arrest (no kidding), surfaced in the LA
area selling again via ebay.  In a short period he listed two regular 100's as
100m's.  One of the cars even had a 3 speed and BN1 style fenders (again
discussed here, check the archives).  Of course colors don't match the
certificate or engine/vin/body numbers don't line up as they should.  The
certificates are easy to come by for somebody with the intent of fraud.

The
best way is to find a 100m with "known" history.  With at least a good number
if not all body numbers matching the certificate stamped on the cockpit
surround,  front splash panel, louvered hood and rear bonnet support bracket.
A car with an original Vin plate and engine number plate and of course all the
regular 100m attributes and parts.

In absence of the above you might as
well buy a regular 100.  As far as I can tell and despite some efforts of some
listers here this guy is still on the loose and the above 100m "project cars"
made it into the market.  They are probably restored by now and have a nice
shiny color by now, maybe even black/red so as always buyer beware.

For
details about this particular seller email me privately.

Bert