[Healeys] Can't get the Healey started

PG britishcars at shaw.ca
Thu May 12 22:26:35 MDT 2011

Sounds like either you're not getting enough power to the starter (the
clicking sound is the bendix not having enough juice to engage the starter
ring or, the bendix itself...the starter gear is not getting thrown out
enough to engage the starter ring.

My guess is it's a power problem.   Testing it outside of the car won't
suffice as a test.... the battery has enough juice to turn the starter but
not enough to turn the flywheel.

Try jumping with a fresh battery and see what happens.

Paul