[Healeys] smitty 5 speed - type of oil

healeyguy at aol.com healeyguy at aol.com
Tue May 3 20:56:12 MDT 2011

Richard
I'm not an expert either on Toyota gearboxes but the Toyota Supra forum has
several related posts on the W58 Supra box and the recommendation seems to be
consistantly 75-90 wt gear oil. The list of oils that I included in the
original reply to Ira came from the forum. I agree that the best option is for
folks that have questions on the manufacturers recommendation on lubricants to
ask the dealer. I suspect I should have limited my response to the capacity
question.
Aloha
Perry

From: richard mayor
Whooooa,  I'm not an expert here, but -- I think Perry is suggesting you use
the kind of oil you put into a differential. .

Ira
 Assume you are asking about the Toyota "W" trans. Volume is 2.5 quarts

 From: I Erbs

 Can I please get the capacity for a Toyota SR 5 and I assume it uses 90wt
 il, but is it non-detergent or not?