[Healeys] transmission oil

Frank Magnusson fmags at cox.net
Mon May 2 17:12:32 MDT 2011

I've used Aeroshell 80 in my BJ8 gearbox for about 22 years now, and it works
great.  I tried several different oils back then, but others gave me shifting
problems.  The Aeroshell 80 is a non-detergent 40 wt (which is what the shop
manual recommends).  It works very well.  Its the only non-detergent 40 wt
that I could find.

Hope this helps,

Frank Magnusson
Wichita, KS.
'65 BJ8

<Hi, can you find Aeroshell 80 (40 wt.) Aviation Oil? They have a line of
non-detergent type oil that is used in airplane engines.

http://aeroshelldirect.com/aeroshell_oil.asp

Places that service aircraft may have it. I have been told this will work
fine
but have not used it.

Randy>

Randy Hicks