[Healeys] gas

healeymanjim at hansencc.net healeymanjim at hansencc.net
Sun May 1 20:03:06 MDT 2011

all of our gasoline here in vegas comes in over the pipeline from a california refinery, except for one local who brings it from phoenix by truck.  at the tank farm where it is offloaded into huge tanks, there is nothing on the tanks to deliniate which company owns them and chevron or shell, etc., takes that fuel to its stations.  the fuel is hauled to each station by and indepent truck firm(at least in my part of town).  i have no idea which company refines the oil but i find it hard to believe that when they start 10,000 gallons down the pipeline shell or texaco, etc., knows exactly when to change the valve at this end to direct the fuel to its properly labeled tank.  i have been wrong before, however, so i am only alleging that here it is all the same.