[Healeys] Bouncing Speedometer

Ron Ray ronald-ray at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 1 07:51:43 MDT 2011

Folks,

Recently I replaced the angle drive on my 1959 3000 in hopes of eliminating
the factory optional bouncing speedometer.
While this did result in somewhat less bouncing, it is far from the results
I had hoped for.

The speedometer was rebuilt twice by MO MA a few years ago, after the
initial rebuild failed to correct problems with the odometer. The second
attempt by MO MA simply changed one odometer problem to another odometer
problem, so I gave up n MO MA.

The speedometer cable is relative new and the distance the cable extends
into the speedometer is correct per Norm Nock's book.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
   Ron